As somebody who is seeking a solution to unsightly hair growing in all the wrong places, chances are you’ve done a bit of research already into laser hair removal clinics. And you’ve more than likely heard a commonly bandied about term used by laser hair removal clinics: permanent laser hair removal.
Sounds like a dream doesn’t it? A few visits to a laser hair removal clinic, a number of treatments from a trained laser hair removal specialist and you’ll be hair free in all those places you want to be hair free in.
But there lies a serious question that needs answering:
Is there any such thing as a 100% permanent laser hair removal solution?
Some laser hair removal clinics will be determined to make you believe that yes, a permanent laser hair removal solution is possible – at their clinic. The truth of the matter however, is that there is no gauranteed 100% proven permanent laser hair removal solution.
As a laser hair removal clinic, you may think we’re crazy admitting that, however we value honesty and transparency when it comes to our dealings with you as a prospective laser hair removal client. We are upfront with you from the moment you first make contact with us, be that directly on the phone or indirectly now as you read this article on our website.
It’s important because we want to ensure you have realistic laser hair removal expectations and realise what our part in that process will be.
So how effective is laser hair removal really?
Laser hair removal is an effective way to control hair growth, in some cases it may even be permanent read on to find out more. Here are some statistics that show how many treatments are necessary to have effective hair removal.
- After 6-10 treatments you can achieve permanent reduction from 80-95%
- Maintenance treatments are required anywhere from every 6-8 weeks – 6 – 12 months
- Some clinics will inform you that shaving, waxing or tweezing the hair after laser treatments will help to maintain the reduced results, although this is the case for some clients, for others it may have an adverse effect.
Is it still possible to achieve permanent hair removal ?
Permanent hair removal results are very rare but possible there are 3 types of clients after 6-10 treatments:
- The first type will receive a 100% removal and they will never need to return for maintenance
- The second & third type will need maintenance anywhere from every 6 – 8 weeks – 6 – 24months